Director: Masashi Ishihama
Genre: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural, School
What you need to know about Persona 5: The Animation
1. Persona 5: The Animation follows the success of Persona 4: The Golden Animation that Atlus and A1 Pictures produced in 2014.
2. The story follows a group called the Phantom Thieves and their brand of justice to get rid of the problems that they are facing in Tokyo.
3. Animation quality is lacking and at times, some assets are worse than those portrayed from the game itself. A1 Pictures definitely dropped the ball here.
4. The soundtrack is amazing to hear, even the opening and ending songs are great additions to such a superb soundtrack.
5. The story is slightly paced at times but it is hard to fit a 120-hour game into a 24 episode show at times.
1. Persona 5 The Animation is based on the heavily acclaimed JRPG game Persona 5 which came out in Japan on September 15, 2016 and was subsequently released worldwide on April 4, 2018.
2. CloverWorks is a subsidiary of A1 Pictures and is also doing the animation for Darling in the Franxx currently.
3. In the anime, the main character, Ren Amamiya is voiced by Jun Fukuyama but in the game, he is the silent protagonist.
As a fan of the Persona series, playing the game was such an exhilarating experience, but the anime show… not that much. At the point of writing, the first few episodes were not up to par. It was slightly disappointing to watch it as parts of the animation were terribly done which caused its popularity to dip, but it has slightly improved after episode 4. Hopefully, it will get better in the coming episodes.