Another gag manga turned anime, Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii will be receiving its well-deserved anime adaptation this coming April 2018. The story follows the awkward romance between Narumi and Hirotaka, two run of the mill office workers, with a secret! Unbeknownst to most of their co-workers, Narumi is a closet fujoshi and Hirotaka is a game addict. As the two grow closer, they soon find out that dating an otaku is a more… interesting experience than they initially thought.
The series will be produced by A-1 Pictures, with a cast consisting of:
- Arisa Date as Narumi Momose
- Kent Itō as Hirotaka Nifuji
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Hanako Koyanagi
- Tomokazu Sugita as Tarō Kabakura
- Yuuki Kaji as Naoya Nifuji